Sunday, September 9, 2012

The Eve of the Last Walk.

Ironic that my Mom would give me a present for Mothers Day. She brought me a Willow branch walking stick she erned at a fund raiser of some sort. "Here honey this is for you. I thought you could use it to help keep you from falling down." She had herd my many tails of traveling all the way to the earth unaided.
As much as i hated seeing myself using the thing it really was exacly what i needed. And then some.
I wanted nothing more than to stay on the coutch at home. But i also really wanted to spend that day with my family. I honestly believed whole heartedly that this was my last day. I was getting the needle the next day.
Tysabri and all the signatures i had thrown down saying i understood the risks associated with the drug. "One in a thousand...." i just knew that i was going to be that one that got the rare brain infection and "bought it."
I really took time to absorb all aspects of that day. The conversations, the Mothers Day brunch, the smells from the kitchen, the way the food tasted, the extra warmth and light the sun offered that morning.
As at most Mothers day breakfasts many different generations were present. From the anchent and honery to my todler who is also quite capable of letting one know how its gonna be. But there was no issues with anyone that morning. Alot of our thoughts were with my wifes aunt who passed away that winter scuba diving.
Agian the word legacy came to my mind. In a conversation with Sunny her daughter i remember the topic of being proud of her mom. "She may be gone but atleast she left a surreal amout of legacy in her wake. I mean you had to turn away a giant line at her viewing after like 4 hours of visiters." It was really more like 6 or 7 hours. There were so many people you would have thought Elvis passed agian. Cindy had touched so many peoples lives on so many different levels. So much that people were willing to wait like 2 hours to have that final conversation with her.
Seeing that many folks show up really put things in perspective (once agian) for I thought about all the places i had been and all the different people i met. Even if i had put a sweet taste in all there mouths, without a dbout it still would'nt come any where near the amout of people lined up to see Cindy [off].


No comments:

Post a Comment